Our Celebrate Sustainability Event was a Great Success!!
Wow. we had fun!! When it started to get light about 6:30 AM on Saturday morning, and I could see that it was lightly raining I was not so sure. The weather forecast called for rain all day. But God had another plan, and by the time our first guests drove up to the ranch at 11:15 AM (yes they were a little early – excited I think) the sun was coming out, and the day ended up being beautiful.
Here are some highlights:
- John did an amazing tour of our stone farming operation. Many folks did not know that this could be so sustainable!
- Our pallet buildings and temporary pasture fencing was a real eye opener for many folks.
- Our golden retriever Sky got to show the folks how competitive dog agility prepares a dog for life on the Ranch.
- There were some great fish stories from fishing on the pond.
- Yes a pasture golf hole could be a par 22 – at least for my son, Dustin!
- Java, our alpaca who thinks she is a dog, was a hit for everyone.
- Some folks watched the entire Food Inc. movie for the first time. It is good.
Well here are a few pictures, and we will post a whole bunch more within a couple of days. Thanks for coming if you did, and if you didn’t you can now look forward to our big event – The IDEA2011 that we will hold on Earth Day Weekend (April 22-24) next year. Much more to come on that!!!